NVBDH+ no speed control

Novusun cnc controller
nvum/nvem/nvcm/nvmpg/nvec/SMC4-4-16A16B
lonewolf

Re: NVBDH+ no speed control

Post by lonewolf » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:48 pm

Well I have the Driver Reversed now they use a 74HC153D between the dsPIC and the IR2110S the Hall sensors go thru a 74HC14 then straight to the dsPIC.
it uses a couple XL7005A buck converters and a couple other simple support devices.

All indications is the Hardware is fine, as I have looked at all the signals with a scope now, so this means it has to be Issue with the dsPIC or with the Firmware on the PIC and I really hate to think it could be a FW issue as I don't see many others complaining.
IR2110_DRIVER.jpg
IR2110_DRIVER.jpg (27.06 KiB) Viewed 1648 times
the picture is just basic of the IR2110S 3 Phase section, I will probably draw up complete schematic using Muiltisim or EagleCAD
The Driver section works really good and runs my motor at full speed (when I can get it to catch) and it runs very cool, no heating problems.

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:42 am

Looks like my seller no longer wants to speak with me since I posted here at these forums with this problem.

I know I didn't buy from Lollette either but seems help is non existent, I just happen to be Admin at a number of FB Groups that deal with 3D printing and CNC Building and we have well over 50,000 members that might be interested in these Drivers BUT I'm hard pressed to give them a Thumbs up.

I have now dumped the Firmware as a Backup and I'm now looking into why it works from 0 to 500 RPM and then locks and then when I re-trigger it a few times I can get it to function from 500 RPM all the way up to 6500 RPM (my motor only rated for 5000 RPM)

Obviously this problem has not been seen before but I know it is either FW or a Problem with the dsPIC 33FJ32MC204-1 unless someone can prove different.

dsPIC protection is not as good as it seems PICkit3 will dump FW with little Issue.

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:51 pm

I got it Repaired but no thanks to any Novusun tech support

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:07 am

I have tested the driver now for several days and my Firmware Repair is working Great.

so IF you see this problem and everything is connected Correctly then maybe you have a FW Issue like I did.

I used a Pickit3 Programmer to debug and dump the FW for a Backup using MPLAB X and Microchip's Integrated Programming Environment (IPE) for standalone programming .. I have also added a few extra features like temperature monitoring since I discovered a few pins that were not being used.

I also have some Dump Scripts that are private for getting into these things.