NVUM V2 Controller not Working!

Novusun cnc controller
nvum/nvem/nvcm/nvmpg/nvec/SMC4-4-16A16B
CNCPro

NVUM V2 Controller not Working!

Post by CNCPro » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:39 pm

Hello Board members and Lollette support

I have bought the NVUM V2 USB Controller as part of a CNC machine bundle on Aliexpress
I am an electrical engineer with good experience with electronics and computers
I am having hard time getting the controller working with Mach3

So far this is what I did for troubleshooting
1. Installed Mach3 on Windows 7 and Windows XP machines. I put V2 plugin in the Plugin folder in Mach3. Mach3 allows me to select the plugin when starting (see attached picture). In both cases (Win7 and XP) the machine was restarted just after Mach3 finished installation.
2. When I connect the controller to the PCs through USB port, a message comes out stating (see attached picture of the message)
"USB Device Not Recognized"
"One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognized it"
3. The controller is powered by a 24V power supply and a red light comes out from a crack near the power connector (as highlighted on the attached picture). The controller heats up significantly in short period of time.
4. I measured the voltage on the 12V pins (as shown in the attached picture) but there is no voltage coming out from the controller at this pin and not on any other pin. I have an Estop button and a probe that I need to connect and was expecting a voltage on these two pins even if the controller is not connected to a PC.

At this stage, I am thinking that this controller is defective
Your help outlining any other steps to test and get this controller to work is appreciated

Thank you in advance for your help
Attachments
20180807_193333.jpg
20180807_193333.jpg (616.15 KiB) Viewed 3711 times
20180807_193443.jpg
20180807_193443.jpg (162.53 KiB) Viewed 3711 times
20180807_193623.jpg
20180807_193623.jpg (468.48 KiB) Viewed 3711 times

CNCPro

Re: NVUM V2 Controller not Working!

Post by CNCPro » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:01 pm

No reply even from Lollette!
As a manufacturer, can you at least confirm that this is a defective controller?
So, I don't waste time and effort trying to troubleshoot.

lollette
Site Admin

Post by lollette » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:25 am

you buy from lollette ? we need know if we ship it that all we test ,

CNCPro

Post by CNCPro » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:07 pm

Hello lollette

No I didn't buy directly from you
I bought it as part of a package from a reseller (Bulk Man 3D on Aliexpress)
and this is where I think you as a manufacturer might have higher standard and you should hold your reseller to the same standards
ultimately you are the manufacturer and it is your product and if they fail to provide a good product and service, it will hurt you and your sales
currently, my machine is working with a GRBL controller and I have opened a case with Aliexpress but Jacky is not responding to either my messages nor Aliexpress customer service.

believe me I will not rest until I either get my money back or a working controller
I really don't feel good getting another one of your controller after this very bad experience which I have found that it is common reading through this board

CNC Pro

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:04 am

is Lollette the manufacture of this product or just a Seller?

I have seen that all the products that Lollette sells have the Lollette name on the product, there are many companies making Clones of these controllers and I cannot tell what is real and what is not.

IF Lollette is just a Seller then it is his right to only support what he sells, I understand this.

see my post on the on the NVBDH+ I did not buy it from Lollette, but I did ask help and got none from the seller, Novosun, or Lollette, I ended up having to RCE the unit and fix the Firmware to get it to work, the hardware was fine but the FW was bad.... so was my device made by Novosun or Lollette I have no way to know so I cannot blame Lolette for not helping.

I was thinking about getting 50 of the NVEM-V2 for resale to my clients but after spending time and reading at CNCZone where it is stated that Artsoft does not support this device I chose to order the EC300ETH instead and I'm glad I did... maybe Lollette's controllers work, but if you do not buy from him then he has every right to not help you.

Bulk-man is a good seller on Aliexpress he has some of the cheapest prices I have personally talked to him and never had any issues with him, LinkCNC is another Cheap seller whom I have dealt with over the years with no issue.... I am in the USA and have learned that one can catch more Flies with Honey...OH wait shit catches flies too :mrgreen: <<=== sorry I just had to add that. :lol:

I'm sorry you are having issues with your NVUM but IF you are truly an Engineer then you should be able to look at the windows OS and see just exactly what is happening perhaps it is a Registry issue with the DLL plugin and the MACH 3 registration ? <<=== just a guess here, you could also do MIM to see what is happening too.

Just trying to help and I am not Affiliated with this product in any way.

CNCPro

Post by CNCPro » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:46 pm

Hello lonewolf

thank you for trying to help.
if one thing I learn from this, you get what you pay for.

I can say for sure it is not Windows problem as the same behavior is seen on multiple machines running XP and Win 7.
As I don't have access to one of these controllers, I have no reference to compare with.
My expectation that the controller will still show 12V output even if it is not connected to a PC
Not giving this output voltage means there is a problem with the controller (Hardware or firmware), correct?

On another topic, Bulk Man has cheap products but their customer service is vey poor.
They are trying by all means to shift the problem to others.
I will be very careful doing business with them again (If I ever do)

Thank you

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:58 pm

well, I'm sorry I can't be more help as I have never had one of these in my hand to Disassemble, tracing the 12 Volt function should not be too difficult.
Attachments
NVUM.jpg
NVUM.jpg (96.52 KiB) Viewed 3648 times

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:03 pm

I guess my 2nd pic got lost in the Ether :roll:
Attachments
NVUM1.jpg
NVUM1.jpg (107.14 KiB) Viewed 3647 times